Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quill Quest - A Harry Potter Treasure Hunt (RUMOR)

J.K. Rowling's new project, Pottermore, was teased on June 16th with a simple "coming soon" message and a countdown via Youtube. In the past week as the countdown nears zeros there has been much speculation about the project. Ideas ranged from a new book (which it's definitely not) to an online Harry Potter encyclopedia to an online role playing game. Today, less than 24 hours from the official announcement, some information about Pottermore has been leaked. What particularly caught my eye is a possible Pottermore memo that mentions the Quill Quest.

According to The Guardian, the new HP project will be an "online game that gives users clues which will lead them to prizes hidden in the real world." I believe the Quill Quest is the treasure hunt. And, according to the aforementioned leaked memo, the treasure could be hidden wands located across the US and UK.

I love a good treasure hunt. The process of deciphering clues is exhilarating and rewarding in itself. I have participated a numerous scavenger games like this before. My brother and I tried to win a pair of football tickets following daily video clues from a local news station. My wife and I have bought multiple books that were laced with clues about the location of hidden prizes. I have never actually found or won anything though.

Tomorrow morning when J.K. Rowling makes her announcement (it's at 6:00 a.m. CST), if it's a treasure hunt, then this blog will be dedicated to the pursuit of the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment